Who certified the generators?
Truesdail Laboratories Inc. (now part of ALS Global) has certified the generators.
View our certification here.
Which models are certified?
The following Electricide® electrochemical chlorine dioxide generators models to NSF/ANSI 61 & 372:
- CDEB-2.5 Capacity: 47 g/hr = 2.5 lb/day
- CDE-10 Capacity: 189 g/hr = 10 lb/day
- CDE-25 Capacity: 472 g/hr = 25 lb/day
- CDE-50 Capacity: 945 g/hr = 50 lb/day
- CDE-100 Capacity: 1,890 g/hr = 100 lb/day
- CDE-200 Capacity: 3,780 g/hr = 200 lb/day
- CDE-300 Capacity: 5,670 g/hr = 300 lb/day
- CDE-400 Capacity: 7,560 g/hr = 400 lb/day
- CDE-500 Capacity: 9,450 g/hr = 500 lb/day
- CDE-600 Capacity: 11,340 g/hr = 600 lb/day
- CDE-700 Capacity: 13,230 g/hr = 700 lb/day
- CDE-800 Capacity: 15,120 g/hr = 800 lb/day
- CDE-900 Capacity: 17,010 g/hr = 900 lb/day
- CDE-1000 Capacity: 18,900 g/hr = 1,000 lb/day
Which applications require certification?
Applications related to municipal potable water and health care water treatment (hot and cold water systems in hospitals and aged care facilities) require NSF/ANSI 61 & 372 certification for chemical generators. Dioxide Pacific has obtained this certification to ensure the above-mentioned generators can be installed and operated in these applications.
What is NSF/ANSI 61 & 372?
The aim of NSF/ANSI 61 is to ensure that the generator does not add any undesired health related compounds to the water via the chemical it generates. NSF/ANSI 372 ensures that no lead is added to the generated ClO2 solution.
Note: NSF/ANSI 61 addresses health effects only and does not address the disinfection efficacy of the product
Why is it important?
Many States in the US require NSF/ANSI 61 & 372 certification for chlorine dioxide generators. Even if it is not peremptory, this certification is reciprocal in other countries as recognition of high chemical generation purity and therefore lowest risk for potable water and water for use as an ingredient in food products or for washing.
How do the generators work?
The Electricide® electrochemical chlorine dioxide generators produce 2,000 ppm chlorine dioxide solution which can be dosed and controlled to 3 dosing points. The generator PLC/HMI automatically measures ClO2 residual and controls dosing of ClO2 solution to ensure accurate disinfection. Generators are equipped with secure remote access capability to view, operate and receive email alarm notification.
Contact us for further information and pricing.